General Flower Show Policies
COVID-19 UPDATE: As of June 2, the City of Philadelphia has updated its policy regarding mask wearing indoors and outdoors. The PHS Flower Show will be following these new guidelines as follows:
Guests are not required to wear masks outdoors at the Flower Show. Guests are recommended to wear masks while in indoor spaces. In line with City guidelines, all food and beverage vendors will wear masks while serving guests. Continue to check this site for the most current health and safety information before your scheduled Show session.
- Soliciting, protesting, disorderly conduct, and all conduct inconsistent with viewing this exhibition as determined by the discretion of show management is strictly prohibited. Show management may remove any ticket holder or other member of the public violating this restriction.
- Duplicate or fake Flower Show tickets will not scan properly, and the presenter will be denied access.
- No re-entry after exiting the Show.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Box Office and gates close 30 minutes prior to published Show closing.
- By entering the Show grounds you agree to allow PHS to utilize any photograph of you and/or any person in your party for the purposes of documenting and promoting the event.
- You voluntarily agree to assume all risks of attending the Show and accept sole responsibility for any injury, including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that you may experience or incur in connection with your attendance of the Show.
- You agree to forever release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the City of Philadelphia, the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and its officers, shareholders, members of the board of trustees, affiliates, subsidiaries, related entities and organizations, partners, agents, successors, assigns, and employees (collectively, “Released Persons”) from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to your attending the Show, including but not limited to personal injury, disability, death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that you may experience or incur in connection with the Show.
- You understand that this waiver and release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of any Released Persons, and any claims in connection with exposure to or infection with COVID-19 related to your attendance of the Show.
No Smoking/No Vaping Policy
Like all Philadelphia parks, FDR Park and the Philadelphia Flower Show are smoke-free environments. Smoking and vaping are prohibited within Show grounds.
While we love the beautiful birds’ eye-view images that drones can capture, the safety of our guests, exhibitors, volunteers, and staff is always our top priority. Therefore, the Philadelphia Flower Show grounds have been declared a “No Drone Zone.” No drones may be flown over show grounds (on and off-hours), except for law enforcement and commercial drones at the service of Show staff. Violators of this policy may face a fine.
Service Animal Policy
PHS values all of our guests with different types of accommodation needs, and service animals are welcomed and permitted in the Show grounds that are open to the public. The Flower Show welcomes ADA Title III service animals. Dogs (or other animals) that solely provide companionship, comfort, and emotional support are not service animals under the ADA. Service animals must be under the control of the owner at all times and should remain on a leash or in a harness. Flower Show staff and volunteers are not able to take control of service animals.
In an effort to expedite entry, guests are only allowed to bring purses, medical bags, and diaper bags into FDR Park. Coolers, other large bags, and wheeled bags are not permitted. Approved bags (purses, medical bags, and diaper bags) can be no larger than 16”x16”x8,” and will be subject to inspection upon entry. Guests may discard or return the prohibited items to their vehicle. Any confiscated items will not be returned to the owner.
Please note: PHS will not offer a bag check for guests at this year's Show (bags brought in or accumulated during a session cannot be checked for guests).
Prohibited Items List
- The following items are prohibited at the Philadelphia Flower Show:
- Balloons, bubbles, markers, and spray paint
- Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, recreational scooters, and mobility devices with less than three wheels (all mobility devices used at the Flower Show must be single rider only)
- Devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered, and/or unoccupied
- Drones, remote airplanes, and any remote control toys
- Fireworks of any kind
- Folding chairs
- Frisbees, beach balls, kites, and other sports equipment
- Glass containers
- Illegal substances
- Items that are disruptive to guests or could pose a safety concern as deemed by show management or security management
- Laser pointers or strobe lights
- Musical instruments and any type of music
- Outside food and beverage
- Signs, flags, banners, or posters of any kind
- Suitcases, coolers, and other similar large items
- Bags or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 16” x 16” x 8”
- Toys that cause damage to the plant collections and wildlife
- Weapons or anything that looks like a weapon
- Whistles, airhorns, megaphones, or other loud devices that are disruptive to other guests