PHS connects those seeking training and employment opportunities in the horticultural and landscape industries. We provide training, job placement, and ongoing support throughout the year for Philadelphia residents impacted by underemployment.
Our green industry workforce development programs offer paid training in the following areas:
- Basic horticulture and ecology
- Landscape maintenance & tree care
- Equipment operation and safety
- Light carpentry and masonry
- Green stormwater infrastructure (GSI)
Training also includes job readiness workshops that cover a number of different topics including conflict resolution, health education, financial literacy, and occupational therapy. Upon graduating, PHS provides continued support services and job placement with partnering employers.