With an outdoor Show taking place in June, we can't always control Mother Nature and steamy summer temps (the plants love these days!) Fortunately, FDR Park has lots of natural shade from large trees that flank the Show grounds. For the 2022 Show, we encourage guests to find added shade throughout the park, including sailcloth coverings over the sit-down eateries, under the Boathouse, in the American Swedish Historical Museum (along with air conditioning), more plentiful large display tents, and other vendor tents on the Show grounds.
Water misters will be available in FDR Park once temperatures become too uncomfortable. PHS staff and numerous volunteers will be available to direct guests to misters during Show hours when available.
Additional ways that guests can stay cool at the Flower Show include:
- Bring an umbrella or parasol to provide shade
- Bring a refillable water bottle and use the water refilling stations in the park
- Dress in lightweight clothes that are light in color
- Take frequent hydration breaks
- Take breaks at shaded seating areas throughout the Show grounds or in air-conditioned Flower Show venues mentioned above