Learn what it takes to create a sustainable garden. This program is designed for educators and folks who want to bring build gardens and inspire kids to get out into the garden. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A TEACHER OR A PHILADELPHIA RESIDENT TO ATTEND. Participants will build an outdoor school garden. Plenty of hands-on activities, so come prepared to get dirty!
This workshop is held on three consecutive days June 18-20, 2019 from 8:30 am - 1 pm daily. This 12-hour/3-session course will cover how to:
- Design, build and maintain a school/community garden year-round
- Involve the community in a school garden
- Build raised beds and planting intensively
- Make gardens accessible to people of all abilities
- Make your school/community garden more sustainable
- Find best ways to get the kids outside enjoying nature!
- Free Act 48 credit is available to Philadelphia School District teachers.
Discounts are available for Garden Tenders, Tree Tenders or groups of 3 or more. To inquire about a discounted group rate, please contact [email protected].