In 2014 and 2015 PHS ran a very successful series of tree lectures/webinars that have been archived for future use. The series consisted of eight 1½ -2 hour classes. Each class focused on a specific topic. These were designed for individuals with pre-existing basic knowledge, either from the Tree Tenders basic training or other life experience.
The PHS Advanced Tree Tenders program pulled together an amazing collection of partners: Penn State Coop Ext, TreeVitalize, Bartlett Tree Experts, TNC, ACTrees Morris Arboretum and Casey Trees, all providing speaker and logistical support vital to the program. The series is available on the Penn State Adobe Connect Site as 8 individual, archived webinars. Quizzes are also available for those interested in receiving a PHS Advanced Tree Tenders Certificate. Those signing up will recieve links to both the webinars and the quizzes.
The following topics are available as archived Webinars:
1. Advanced Tree Identification: Buds, Bark, and Branches
2. Tree Health Monitoring
3. Structural Problems in Trees /Advanced Tree Pruning
4. Non-native Invasive Insects and Diseases of Trees
5. Advocacy/ Tree Policy -Nurturing your Inner- Tree Advocate
6. The Soil – Tree Relationship
7. Choosing the Right Tree for the Right Place
8. Riparian Plantings