Temporary Project Archivist
Reporting to the Associate Director of the PHS McLean Library, the Project Archivist is responsible for creating and maintaining archives of the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society.
- Organize and rehouse archival collections
- Handle new accessions, working with a variety of formats including photographs and born-digital records
- Create database records
- Create collection guides and other finding aids
- Help identify items that could be candidates for digitization
- Provide reference and research assistance to researchers
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Master's degree in library/information science program with an emphasis on archival management
- The candidate should have demonstrated knowledge of archives practice and familiarity with accepted conservation and preservation methods
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member in working with staff and volunteers
- Must have strong attention to detail, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
Must be able to lift and carry a 20- pound box. Must be able to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand, as necessary.
PHS is an equal opportunity employer
To Apply, click here.
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
100 N. 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103