Corporate Relations Manager
The Corporate Relations Manager will act as a key member of a team responsible for the cultivation, engagement and management of the PHS’ corporate sponsor program. This person will be accountable for securing corporate support for key program areas within PHS, including, but not limited to the PHS Philadelphia Flower Show, the Pop Up Gardens, PHS annual public events, and the full portfolio of PHS greening and community building programs.
A successful candidate will be skilled in identifying potential corporate partners through thoughtful research and networking and by developing effective marketing and activation programs to encourage their involvement with PHS. This person must also possess a keen knowledge of the world of corporate philanthropy and understand the reasoning by which corporations support charitable organizations in the City of Philadelphia and the surrounding region. They must have a track record that speaks to their experience in these areas.
Critical success factors include achieving sponsorship sales objectives; the development and successful maintenance of key relationships among the
- Serve as a senior member of the Business Development team acting as sales liaison for sponsorship of PHS, including but not limited to preparing presentations; managing, fulfilling and renewing contracts; preparing letters of agreement; and conducting assessments and evaluations with clients.
- Create, cultivate, and manage a solicitation pipeline inclusive of multiple industry sectors with regional and national significance that aligns with PHS’s mission and organizational goals.
- Generate a path forward and approach as it relates to a corporate philanthropy program.
- Prepare customized and targeted sponsorship proposals, cover letters and necessary support materials.
- Forge and grow meaningful relationships with mid to top-level executives at corporations throughout the city and region.
- Act as a liaison with multiple members of PHS staff and other partners to identify new leads, as well as new opportunities for revenue growth, as well as create and fulfill sponsorship benefits.
- Conduct appropriate follow-up duties including thank you letters, client and sponsor follow-up and evaluation of sales process and reports.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Passion for PHS mission.
- Proven track record in securing corporate sponsorships and partnerships.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing successful sponsorship packages.
- Strong project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills both internally and externally.
- Strong crisis management and negotiating skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software and Windows 10, Raiser’s Edge.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field of study is preferred.
- Minimum five years sponsorship/development or sales experience or equivalent.
PHS is an equal opportunity employer.